Reports to and supports the Training Specialist in the coordination of all training activities and training materials to meet and/or exceed established plant goals and compliance with our training policy.
1. Support the training efforts on the off shifts for cultural and technical training in a manner that ensures our employees have the training needed to perform their daily tasks. This includes utilizing the approved curriculum, effective and knowledgeable subject matter experts conduct the training, and insuring that it gets recorded in a timely manner.
2. Help coordinate training requirements throughout departments on the off shifts.
3. Work with Training Specialist through new hire Onboarding and technical training to ensure that all employees are adequately trained and prepared to perform their jobs and have a smooth transition to an off shift.
4. Address training needs in a timely manner with guidance from Training Specialist.
5. Supports all areas of off shift operations including Production, Quality and Materials areas in order to provide adequate training to introduce new products as well as processes.
6. Coordinates the process of Hands-on Training by ensuring that Standard Work Documents and Training Roadmaps are documented and up to date for all jobs and operations in accordance with all approved Standard Documents.
7. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
8. Support and represent company as a union-free environment
9. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
10. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
11. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles and Core Values.
12. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
This position has no direct supervision responsibilities.
Training & Development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
· Undergraduate degree preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
· 1-3 years' work experience in a training & development role in a manufacturing or production environment
· Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
· Personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Access-PowerPoint
· Experience in developing presentations. Video editing and computer-based training development experience a plus
· Project management and problem-solving skills
· Planning/organization & time management skills
· Experience in working in a team environment
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled