The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
Are you passionate about driving sales and financial success? Can you deliver a first-class experience for guests and be a leader for 70-100 team members? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Store Manager, you set the ultimate example of superior guest service for team members who work in your store. As a leader, you own talent management in your store (strengthen team member engagement, increase retention, and maximize productivity). You will also use your tools to make optimal business decisions to deliver results.
What You'll Do:
You are the store ambassador and leading example of exemplary hospitality to our guests and team members . You are responsible for providing extraordinary service and for ensuring that all team members do the same. You are also accountable for driving success at your store and helping The Fresh Market to sustain growth. As such, you will:
- E ducat e team members and guests on products and services to provide convenient meal solutions
- Work with Department Managers and Assistant Store Manager to ensure that all key operational processes and merchandising plans are consistently execute d
- Drive success by analyzing sales reports, P&L reports, and other metrics to establish and execute the action plan
- Establish and maintain open effective lines of communication with all team members and upper management, ensuring transparency at all levels
- Forecast and maintain store teams by collaborating with Talent Acquisition in the sourcing, selecting, and hiring of new team members
- Train, develop and coach Assistant Managers and team members
- Teach Assistant Managers how to manage and merchandise The Fresh Market products, drive financial metrics, and train and engage all team members
- Coach all team members how to optimize operations , further team development, and increase retention
- Motivate team members to educate themselves and others about product uses and characteristics utilizing The Fresh Market Academy with the goal of increa sing retention and enhanc ing professional growth
- Partner with the Guest Services Manager provide team members a hospitable orient ation and onboarding experience
- Manage the store, the inventories, and the teams for minimization of product loss
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh Market standards and policies
- Engage with your local community whether it is for weekly sales or special holiday offerings
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols including food safety, sanitation, and risk practices per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
Qualifications: At a minimum, what you'll need:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of at least 5 years of experience as a retail store manager in relevant traffic, volume, and unit intensity
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with your team, management, and guests
- Ability to read, understand, and follow policies and procedures
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
Physical and Work Conditions
- Bachelor's degree
- Perishable, Hospitality and/or Grocery Retail experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Experience in Applicant Tracking Software (iCIMS preferred)
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift , push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law )
- Required to w ear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard , and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law .
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs. #LI-VR1
This job has expired.