This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of seniors in your community. You will make a difference by providing companionship and much needed human interaction for our residents who have been separated from their loved ones due to the pandemic's restrictions on visitors.
Our residents will look forward to you cleaning their rooms and will be so happy to have a visitor to interact with.
Volunteers of America is looking for a Housekeeper to join our team at our Anoka location
Work where you feel at home.
- Cleaning of all areas within the facility ultimately creating a clean and comfortable environment.
- Monitors and follows reporting procedures for areas in need of maintenance.
- Be a friendly face, in this time of need, for our residents.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional developmentJob RequirementsQualifications:
- Must be willing to work in a Healthcare /Senior Living environment that is taking precautions for COVID-19.
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.