This position is located at an underground limestone mine on the North side of Ames. This position would be part of night shift operation working a rotating schedule (4 on/3 off, 3 on/4off). The primary responsibility will be operating a scaler or haul truck in the underground mine.
- Responsible for operating a variety of off road haul trucks and other equipment utilized in mining which could include scalers, loaders, skid loaders, etc.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle and work area as assigned
- Observe visual and auditory signals during vehicle operation
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; clean equipment
- Assist on plant maintenance and repairs as needed
- Other mining related duties as required
This job has expired.
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Training will be provided
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check