Since our beginning in 1979, HSAG has been committed to improving the quality of healthcare services in order to achieve the best possible patient outcomes.
- Healthcare quality expertise to those who deliver care and those who receive care.
- Tools and resources for patients, families, and caregivers to be advocates for their own health.
We have advanced to become a multi-state Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO), External Quality Review Organization (EQRO), and End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network contractor, serving approximately:
Job RequirementsInternship Program Overview
- 12 percent of our nation’s Medicare population.
- 45 percent of our nation’s Medicaid population.
- 20 percent of our nation\'s dialysis population.
This opportunity is available to Master’s-level students immediately post-graduation or during the last semester prior to graduation. The one-semester internship is paid, and each intern will acquire competencies in at least one of the following core areas:
- Health quality measure development
- Analytics to support and assess quality measurement/ improvement programs
- Healthcare data cleaning and management
Interns will be oriented to the core competencies. Once assigned to an HSAG project, each intern will:
- Be assigned an HSAG mentor to serve as a day-to-day point of contact.
- Meet with the project team and begin participating in all project team meetings.
- Perform assignments and prepare work products that contribute to the overall project.
Examples of assignments include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding the technical specifications of quality health metrics
- Creating and adhering to project timelines
- Drafting monthly and ad-hoc reports for CMS
- Performing analysis for regular internal reports on CMS quality programs
- Drafting public-facing documents, both technical and non-technical
- Comprehending and reviewing SAS/SQL code, classification tables, and output tables
- Coordinating information gathering within team and from external experts
- Track status of deliverables and deadlines
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.