601 West Second Street, Bloomington, Indiana, 47402, United States of America
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse to serve our in-hospital patients at IU Health Bloomington; we are very excited about growing this program, and want to hire clinicians who are passionate about creating an environment they can be proud of.
This job has expired.
Watch a day in the life of an acute in-hospital dialysis nurse!
- Work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients who need dialysis treatment
4 10hr shifts per week, with some overtime, requires on-call 1 time per week
- We will hire new-grads or soon-to-be-grads, if you have your NCLEX scheduled
- Dialysis Experience is NOT required; DaVita is passionate about mentoring and training clinicians!
DaVita Benefits & Opportunities for Growth
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more
Hospital Dialysis Nurse Job Description
- The Registered Nurse I Acute provides professional nursing care in licensed Acute Hospitals and Sub-Acute Facilities ("Hospital") that have contracted with DaVita to provide dialysis to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital.
- At all times, the Hospital and the patient's physician retain ultimate authority over and responsibility for each patient's care and treatment.
- This position reports to the Facility Administrator.
- Plans and provides patient care for the pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in the hospital in accordance with physician orders, DaVita policy and procedures as well as hospital policy and procedures
- Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional, considerate and respectful manner
- Supervises and directs patient care of other teammates in a treatment area that may or may not be licensed
- Interacts and communicates with hospital partners in a collaborative, respectful manner, gives pre/post treatment report through appropriate reporting process to hospital primary RN/Staff
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the nephrologist
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient's physician
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the DaVita approved flow sheet or hospital EMR
- Enters ACOI Data accurate and in a timely manner
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and perform modalities (hemodialysis, PD, CRRT, Apheresis, Pediatric )
Hospital Dialysis Nurse Requirements
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- At least 1 year RN experience; medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER)
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing, with little or no notice
- Flexibility to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
Read more about DaVita's benefits here.