Job Title:Dispatcher Division:Chicago[ORD] Department:Cargo and Passenger
Reports To:Station Manager FLSAStatus:Non-Exempt/Hourly Prepared By:Human Resources
Prepared Date:04/24/2012 FileName:Dispatcher.doc
Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Track and dispatch employees, equipment and service vehicles for both cargo and passenger departments.
- Enter records, flights logs, and schedules of the calls they receive.
- Process call information and prepare detailed reports on all activities during their shift.
- Tracks all flight arrivals and departures information.
- Updates the flight and maintenance board with any revisions (cancellation, delays, etc.)
- Answers the phone and reports operational updates to the appropriate department (Passenger or Cargo)
- Monitors attendance by recording: Absent, Call Off, Tardy, Hours, etc.
- Assigns and tracks ramp vehicles and other equipment though sign out/in sheet.
- Monitors employee appearance to ensure adherence to company dress code.
- Monitors employee adherence to PPE requirements.
- Supplies flight count information to Station Manager on a weekly basis.
- Customer-facing role requiring professionalism at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED; and over three months up to and including 12 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.