Job ID: 480889
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of plant processing equipment
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform routine maintenance in a safe and timely manner to maximize plant productivity.
- Perform workplace inspection.
- Perform housekeeping as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Check and maintain conveyor belts, scrapers, skirt boards, idlers, pulleys, guards and bearings.
- Check and maintain oil levels in gearboxes, crushers, and screen.
- Make sure that all guards, grease lines, etc. are put back in place and secured upon completion of a task.
- Perform cutting and welding tasks to repair plant processing equipment. This also involves lifting, placing, and fitting replacement steel and parts as required to complete the task.
- Complete all clean up related to task before task is considered finished.
- May operate heavy equipment if needed.
- May be called upon at the discretion of the Supervisor to perform any other duties assigned and/or to assist other departments if necessary.
- Wear a hardhat, safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection and respirator as needed.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or 3 years+ of practical work experience.
- Advanced mechanical skills needed.
- Cutting and welding skills required.
- Must have knowledge of production equipment used in the operation.
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Able to perform all duties without a direct threat of injury to the individual or others.
- Demonstrates safe, productive job performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read English or Spanish.
- Basic mathematical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fine motor
- Repetitive motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Exposed to noise
- Moving equipment
- Working with others
What CRH Offers You
- Cold Weather
- Wet weather
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed to high heat
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 24, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
New Jersey Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Welding, Mechanic, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Operations