Plans, directs and implements facility safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment by performing the following responsibilities personally and/or in conjunction with Operations Management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implements safety procedures and completes projects as assigned by the Risk Manager and in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
* Assists operations management in maintaining compliance with air quality, wastewater and storm water permit issues and environmental issues.
* Provides compliance support and direction
* Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, accident and fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials
* Actively leads in the investigation process for all accidents that occur using the company required reports including 5 Why procedures to determine root cause, and document findings for periodic reporting and review (weekly, monthly, annually).
* Participates as needed in assisting with workers' compensation investigations and case file review.
* Inspects facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure such measures have been implemented.
* Provides information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
* Maintains safety files and records.
* Innovation: creative, energetic with positive outlook.
* Highly motivated and performance driven.
* Capable of working flexible hours.
* Ability to demonstrate sustained high level performance in a safety environment.
* Participation in all governmental health, safety and insurance compliance inspections.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Strong organizational skills; possess initiative and be highly motivated
* Strong computer skills; proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access and other Microsoft Office programs.
* One to five years professional experience in safety, preferably in a manufacturing environment for a medium-large organization.
* Bachelor's degree in related field is desirable.
* Bilingual -- fluency in both Spanish and English is strongly requiredpreferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled