Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are hiring a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX nSequence Dental Lab in Reno, Nevada for a 3D Printer Technician. Previous experience is not necessary; we offer paid, hands-on training!
The regular hours for this position are from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Provide general maintenance to 3d printing and milling machines. This includes cleaning machines after every build, weekly maintenance and monthly maintenance as necessary
- When break downs occur repair the machines in a timely manner
- Work with 3Shape scanning hardware and software to capture casts and occlusal relationships and have them digitized and saved to appropriate designations.
- Point of contact between nSequence, other vendors and manufacturers
- Prepare, nest, and strategize printer and milling jobs
- Clean all pieces after built. This includes but is not limited to blasting off the support material
- After support material is blasted off technician will visually inspect pieces in an attempt to detect any inadequacies before the parts go forward
- Contacts 3D printer tech support when necessary and following instructions until the machine is fixed
- If when a call is made to tech support the problem isn't resolved sufficiently, the team member will schedule a maintenance visit and oversee their visit to the end that the printer is operational
- Orders parts and resins so that machines do not experience down time
- Loads and starts printers at the end of each day as well as when required throughout the day
- Keep logs of maintenance (daily and otherwise) and all printer errors. Included (but not limited to) which machine has the issue, the error or the issue, time when it was first noticed, time when it was resolved, and what steps were taken for this resolution. In addition, will find all parts effected by this error, remove effected parts from production, and put them in the queue to be reprinted
- Checking case pans to ensure every piece is printed before passing off to the lab.
- Updating daily metrics charts
- Logging printer issues solutions as found/realized. Placing these issues and fixes into a decision tree for future reference.
- Develop SOPs to document workflow and job duties.
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong aptitude with tools and maintenance skills
- General computer knowledge and competency
- Must be comfortable working with hardware and software for not only the printers themselves but the computers that run them
- Ability to learn quickly, improvise and adjust
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Classification in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Acute Toxicity (Oral), Category 4
- Skin Corrosion / Irritation, Category 2
- Eye Damage / Irritation, Category 1
- Skin sensitizer, Category 1
- Toxic to Reproduction, Category 2
- Specific Target Organ Toxicity - Single Exposure, Category 3 (respiratory system)
- Specific Target Organ Toxicity - Repeated Exposure, Category 2
- Hazardous to the Aquatic Environment - Chronic Hazard, Category 3
- Precision Objet350/500 Connex1 Objet350/500 Connex2 Objet350/500 Connex3 Objet1000 Plus
- Carbon Printers
- Axyss milling
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long durations of time.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Must have excellent eye to hand coordination.
- Must be able to lift and move fifty pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.