About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Cloud Architect role helps Gap’s internal cloud migration product teams build and implement solutions on an enterprise scale. This is a senior technical role with the opportunity to partner community across GapTech and Other organizations. You can expect to be heavily involved in cloud infrastructures, system design and platform architecture. The role also contains an evangelical aspect and there will be the opportunity to participate in technical POCs alongside the Cloud Engineering and Product engineering teams.
What you'll do
- Design a multi-cloud hybrid cloud foundation with a focus on Azure and Oracle cloud and provide architectural leadership in developing a broad organizational buy-in to key architectural principles, best practices and technology choices.
- Collaborate with business and engineering teams to gather cloud requirements and convert them to generate appropriate Cloud architectural standards and documentations.
- Partnering with Cloud service providers and GAP stakeholders in identifying and assessing cloud deficiencies and provide risk mitigation strategies and solution design for Cloud workloads.
- Define a multi-region Cloud strategy and scalable system architecture resilient and scalable at high volumes production traffic with 99.999% availability objectives.
- Define innovative Cloud solutions and architectural frameworks using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation aligned with DevSecOps best practices to empower product engineering teams.
- Create shared service platform system architecture for next-generation continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring and observability platforms.
- Lead the design and implementation of cloud-native application runtime platform leveraging modern technologies such as Kubernetes, service mesh, FaaS.
Who you are
- 8+ years of total technology experience with minimum 3 years on public cloud (preferably Azure) in handling large-scale application deployments.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, security etc.).
- Oversight experience on major Cloud transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills and a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Strong experience with automation (IaC) and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Chef etc.
- Established skills and experience specifying, enabling, leading and ideally actively participating in the transition to a DevOps/SRE style operating model and deployment architecture(s)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees