A sales and service position with a primary goal of helping customers by discovering financial needs and processing transactions. Financial Service Representative (FSR) will provide an outstanding customer experience by resolving customer issues, making referrals to team members, opening new accounts, and offering convenience services. FSRs will also work with partnered specialists (loan officers, financial consultants, and business bankers) to ensure our customers have access to experts who can help them achieve their financial goals. Position is responsible for being a role model for Flagstar Bank's customer-centric culture, while embracing diversity and maintaining ethics and integrity.
This entry level branch position will be responsible for assisting the team in meeting branch goals. This position will be cross-trained on opening accounts and will be the primary back up for opening accounts when a Banker is not available.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs. Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts. Demonstrate strong customers service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction. The FSR position is one of the primary transaction positions within a branch.
- Meet and exceed sales and referral expectations by working with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs. Ensure the customer's needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist (branch team, FC, and MLO) to serve the customer's banking, mortgage and investment needs. This may include participation in 'Call Nights'.
- Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions, and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include ATM and vault balancing, opening and closing procedures of the branch, etc. Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating systems.
This job has expired.
- Job Requirements:
- 6+ months cash handling experience required
- 1+ years of finance, sales or customer service experience required
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent, required
- Ability to welcome and establish relationships by getting to know every customer in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Educate clients on bank products and financial services and make referrals when a potential opportunity has been identified
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings