The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is seeking a Division Administrator for the department of Internal Medicine to perform, manage, and lead activities to assure that health services, medical care, medical/health professions education, and research programs are delivered effectively and efficiently. This position's focus is to oversee the operational, financial and research activities within Internal Medicine. Responsible for administrative interface and coordination of operations with all other University Hospital and Carver College of Medicine Administration.
This position is eligible for a combination of on-campus and remote work. Remote work must be performed at a location within the state of Iowa and comply with the remote work program and related policies.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Specific Job Tasks
Human Resources Management
- Hire, develop and manage the performance of staff in a departmental unit or functional division.
- Work with divisions directors on developing strategic plans for staffing.
- Develop faculty and APP recruiting pro forma and business plan to include financial analysis of new hires ramp up, office space, clinic space and needed staffing support.
- Provide supervision to each divisions' administrative staff including annual performance evaluations, mentoring, and hiring.
- Provide supervision to staff coordinating the Fellowship programs in division.
Financial and Data Management and Analysis
- Develop budget projections, including RVUS for current faculty and APPs as well as terming and hired faculty and APPs. Coordinate with Department of Internal Medicine leadership, including analysis of income and expenditures.
- Provide regular financial updates to division directors based on established and new reporting formats.
- Work with department leadership to develop and maintain the Divisions' faculty compensation plan.
- Responsible for all fiscal activities. Review and approve expenditures. Partner with other departmental staff to maintain and reconcile variances.
- Participate in the review and development of professional and technical fee schedules and reimbursements as appropriate.
- Prepare and/or assist in budget development; provide projections and recommendations.
- Manage financial and productivity data and monitor budget to meet goals.
- Resolve budget discrepancies.
- Prepare special and periodic reports as required.
Operations, Standards of Care, Regulatory Compliance, Quality and Patient Satisfaction
- Identify trends and determine QA priorities.
- Recommend QA and patient/customer satisfaction strategies.
- Develop and monitor plans to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Investigate, monitor, and measure patient and staff satisfaction, develop and successfully implement action plans to improve satisfaction scores as needed.
- Review clinical operation activities and make recommendations for changes in, or better utilization of facilities, services and staff. Work to improve patient referral mechanism between all clinical departments.
Patient Care/Services Delivery
- Identify needs, trends, and forecasts in order to provide quality patient care.
- Develop and maintain surveillance of professional and technical fee form preparation, protocol and other charge data, recommending modifications when appropriate.
- Identify problems of health care delivery, propose innovative ways for their resolution, and successfully implement accepted proposals.
Planning and Goal Management
- Develop action plans for unit that meet strategic goals; provide progress reports to department director or director of clinical functions.
- Advocate for needs of unit with healthcare leaders; may collaborate with medical director of unit regarding program development, process improvements, and equipment budgets.
- Work with hospital and college leadership on strategic program planning and execution related to outreach and offsite activities, including partnerships with outside entities.
- Serve as primary contact for remodeling projects related to teaching, administrative and research areas.
- Collaborate with research staff to assure clinical and research needs are met.
- Provide leadership to clinical trial research staff to promote the divisions' research portfolio.
- In collaboration with the Division Director's and faculty, oversee research functions in the division including pre-award management. Work with Department of Internal Medicine research post-award staff to develop and report financial projections for PIs.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the hospital, college, or Department of Internal Medicine.
Master's degree in finance, health services administration, business administration, public health, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Required Qualifications:
- Considerable (three years) and progressive administrative experience including fiscal management, operational, and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated job-related experience with and/or commitment to diversity in the work/academic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to exercise discretion in matters of confidential and sensitive nature.
- Excellent problem-solving, customer service and conflict resolution skills as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer software applications.
- Proven experience in a hospital and/or academic medical setting.
- Reasonable knowledge of University of Iowa policies, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability of analysis of complex data sets including collection and design.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission:
• Cover Letter
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education/credential verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification Title: HC Svcs Mgr/Asst Dept Dir
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus, Hybrid within Iowa
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Michaela Davis
- Contact Email: email@example.com