A UPS Technician is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on UPS equipment serviced by Liebert. The UPS Technician is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays and 401K. We provide an elaborate training program for new hires which requires travel to Columbus, Ohio as needed.
- Associates degree in Electronics or military electronics training preferred
- 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must have the ability and self-motivation to manage one's own schedule
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on UPS systems
- Respond to emergency calls at customers request
- Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver's license is required. About Vertiv
Vertiv is a $4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.