The Underwriter I administers the underwriting, writing and servicing of renewal accounts for agents and producers assigned within the territory in compliance with company underwriting, authority, and pricing standards. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization .
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Maintains compliance with state filings and adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with territory team. Keep peers and Territory Management informed of all issues and activity
- In collaboration with Territory Management, develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals
- Collaborate with the team to develop, manage and maintain outside client relationships that could include traveling in the territory to meet with agents, producers and nonprofit associations or organizations. Actively participate in industry events as required such as but not limited to agency or association conventions
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff to successfully resolve issues pertaining to policyholders and territory producers
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years of commercial lines property and casualty experience
- CPCU or CIC designation preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory as required
What We Offer
- Demonstrated experience with commercial casualty, property, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.