Account Executive Senior
Seattle, Tacoma and Burlington, Washington
Primary Job Purpose
Account Executive Senior is responsible for strategic account management for assigned groups. Retains group business for assigned territory. Establishes and maintains strategic agent relationships. Will cross sell other lines of business directly or through broker/agents. Will work in team environment. Mentoring/coaching other account executives in sales techniques and sales leadership throughout the Plan. Knowledge of all product lines and work collaboratively with other Regence affiliates sales staff.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Responsible for retaining profitable group business.
- Manages and nurtures relationships with brokers/agent/groups to facilitate lifetime relationships with members.
- Effectively work within a team environment and able to work with cross functional teams (i.e. Underwriting, customer service, claims, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain a key account prospect list for cross selling opportunities.
- Develops and follows customer service plan to meet established standards.
- Ability to anticipate customers needs and effectively problem solve.
- Monitors business/industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities.
- orks with Group Managers to reflect changing market conditions in the account management approach.
- Ability to communicate customers and members interests and needs to internal project teammates to improve workflow processes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of benefit design alternatives, funding options and underwriting requirements.
- Establish and maintain a high level of credibility with Underwriting and other Business Partners/ functions.
- Use a consultative sales approach to effectively negotiate plan design and financial mechanisms.
- Ambassador for Cambia in any and all circumstances.
- Ensures effective transition of new business.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Demonstrates proficiency in desktop application software including email, word processing, spreadsheets and creating presentations.
- Demonstrates fully proficient verbal/written presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates relationship skills.
- Ability to engage in community/ networking opportunities outside of normal business hours.
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results/goals.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed, and self-directed approach to work.
- Represent Cambia in a positive professional manner in the marketplace.
- Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities.
- May require participation in an industry organization.
- A proven track record of success in achieving sales/account management goals.
- Detailed understanding of complexities with ability to communicate and to negotiate all areas related to the sales functions (ie underwriting, sales, renewals, etc.).
- Ability to use tools to build complex Cost Modeling scenarios.
- Ability to plan and execute an effective account management approach.
- Ability to lead transition team.
Account Executive Senior would have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, business, or a related field with six years of sales or account management experience with preferably four years of experience in employee benefits or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and /or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities. Must have a valid state driver's license.
The expected hiring range for the Account Executive Senior is $97,000 - 132,0001.15 depending on skills, experience, education, and training; relevant licensure / certifications; performance history; and work location.
This role has a robust incentive plan based on individual and organizational goal achievement. The current full salary range for this role is $91,500 - 149,000.
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.