Hendrickson is searching for an Account Manager to join their Motor Wheel Business Unit.
This individual will provide sales representation for the Motor Wheel division to assigned Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for the purpose of mining new business opportunities for all product offerings; develop new business that represents significant incremental revenue for the Motor Wheel division, ensuring that necessary actions are taken to maintain an excellent OEM relationship that fosters revenue growth.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
New Business Development Activities at Assigned OEM Accounts:
- Gain new business commitments for the Motor Wheel division.
- Make frequent sales contact with OEM influencers & decision makers.
- Collaborate with Motor Wheel divisional leadership and departments to develop compelling proposals for business growth; gain maximum exposure for proposals at the OEM.
- Confirm OEM timing to set product plans for the coming year; execute product planning meetings at each OEM and ensure new programs are included in the OEM's plans.
- Collaborate with divisional marketing and field sales to understand information pertinent to the assigned OEM including unmet needs, product gaps, current product performance, and competitive intelligence.
- Participate in select OEM and Motor Wheel project meetings where commercial direction or input is required; utilize meetings to mine for information useful to new business pursuits.
- Participate in sales and marketing events that pertain to the assigned OEM's, seek out opportunities to proliferate current products to additional models or configurations, grow supplied content and increase market share for existing Motor Wheel solutions.
- Assure each OEM data book reflects Motor Wheel product accurately and most favorably. Resolve any restrictions or errors in a timely manner.
- Provide contact information and reporting relationships for the OEM's sales organization to Hendrickson Field Sales; supply regular updates on organizational changes at the OEM.
- Represent Motor Wheel at industry trade shows, utilizing these events to network with OEM contacts and gain intelligence on competitors, new business proposals or general OEM trends that may impact Motor Wheel.
- Be the voice of the customer and advocate within the Motor Wheel division.
- Develop and communicate the account strategy with clear direction on what level of support is required by Motor Wheel personnel. Update the strategy annually and manage execution.
- Prepare content for OEM business review meetings, communicate Motor Wheel's information and positions during the meetings.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with OEM personnel and internally within the Motor Wheel division. Connect OEM and Hendrickson personnel at necessary organizational levels.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the OEM's business structure, global footprint and strategy seeking continual alignment between OEM and Motor Wheel where possible.
- Participate in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, provide information and input on new product launches, market share targets and any other pertinent planning information.
- Lead the development, negotiation and closure of any commercial agreements or contracts with the customer. Ensure both parties are living up to contractual commitments.
- Understand OEM supplier metrics and clearly communicate requirements to the Motor Wheel division. Assist in the resolution of disputes as needed.
- Connect the appropriate divisional personnel with the corresponding OEM contacts (pricing, accounts receivable, quality, customer service, engineering, program management, etc.).
- Engage in the escalation of issues if divisional personnel are unable to resolve.
- Communicate and coordinate resolution of plant concerns with OEM material management functions.
- Update sales opportunity pipeline in Salesforce every week.
- Provide a monthly report on sales opportunity efforts, open issues, and OEM metrics.
- Obtain and report information which is important for maintaining and developing business opportunities with OEM's including: OEM organization structure and personnel, business strategy, dealer/customer shipment data, utilization and pricing of competitive products, new product development, vehicle model changes, product planning cycles, aftermarket strategies.
- Provide input for sales forecasting process including sales forecast by OEM, production line rates, product mix, plant shutdowns, etc.
- Responsible for managing budget within assigned limits & issuing timely expense reports.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 10 years+ professional sales experience.
- Experience in selling to heavy-duty truck or trailer OEM's is strongly preferred.
- Significant industrial sales experience if no experience in the commercial truck or trailer industry.
- Experience with CRM software, SalesForce preferred.
- Strong organization skills.
- High sales aptitude motivated by new business growth.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to rapidly build customer relationships.
- Strong business analytics and negotiation skills .
- Strategic mindset.
This position requires:
- Travel to customers, Motor Wheel, and Hendrickson facilities (35-50%) by car and air.
- Frequent sitting and working at computer for extended periods of time.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.