A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Can work anywhere in the US for this role.
The Actives Sales Specialist is responsible for hunting and driving sales for new business opportunities within Contract Manufacturing and the Actives Product Portfolio through the development and delivery of complex integrated solutions to the customer. The Actives Sales Specialist serves as the single point of contact for all commercial, business and contracting discussions with the customer. This position requires strong leadership, technical and communication skills and ability to leverage your technical and industry expertise for generating sales from existing or new customers.
You will partner with the Regional Sales Actives and Formulation Team and Strategic Account Directors to support all Actives leads within your defined region. You are expected to utilize the available tools and resources to track and report sales activity and share account and process knowledge. You will report to the Global Actives Sales Director. Additional responsibilities include:
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Achieve annual revenue growth and profitability standards according to agreed upon targets by retention of the existing customer base, cross-selling and up selling activities.
- Acquire new business by identifying, qualifying and vetting out profitable opportunities for our Contract Manufacturing Service.
- Measure and communicate progress against monthly and quarterly targets via accurate and timely reporting and forecasting, and assist in establishing yearly sales budgets.
- Continually seek new business segments to enter and support management with necessary justification.
- Maintain proactive relationships with sales, marketing and operational teams to ensure that targeted accounts have maximum exposure to Millipore Sigma products and solutions.
- Position the Millipore Sigma Contract Manufacturing offer effectively to customers.
- Lead contract negotiations to promote project governance and supply.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or relevant field.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing Commercial Sales.
- General financial, business and contracting acumen.
- International travel (20%) required plus in country travel as needed (up to 75%).
- Masters Degree or PhD in Chemistry or related field is preferred.
What we offer:
- Demonstrated proven ability and track record in consultative selling are preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal in English) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate the level of the audience.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213602
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.