Administrative Assistant (Legal Dept.)
Reports To: Immigration Legal Services Coordinator
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program
Location: Lancaster, PA
Church World Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose:The primary purpose of the Immigration Services Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to CWS Lancaster Immigration Legal Services Programming and assist attorneys and DOJ Accredited Representatives in providing eligibility screenings, application completion, and follow-up services to eligible refugees, asylees, lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and other immigrants.
- Provide administrative support to the CWS Lancaster Immigration Legal Services teams. Manage incoming inquiries for legal services, answer phone calls and the Legal Services “Intake line,” manage incoming clients in the building lobby waiting area, schedule appointments for all Legal Counselors, enter data in case management software, and photocopy documents;
- Assist attorneys and DOJ Accredited Representatives in follow up with clients and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Assist clients with changes of address, case status checks, and other requests to government agencies, stakeholders, and partners; Communicate professionally with key stakeholders;
- Maintain accuracy in client case files and case note documentation; update client case status regularly in case management software and other online databases;
- Assist in compiling client application packets for various immigration benefits in an accurate fashion to ensure that all required evidence and documentation is attached;
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail for the CWS Lancaster office.
- Assist in maintaining statistics and records to track program results;
- Perform other duties as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Arts strongly preferred.
Spanish-language abilities are required for this position.Experience:
Experience with asylum seekers, refugees, asylees, and other immigrants preferred. At least one year of work experience in an office setting or internship in a law office or non-profit legal services environment is preferred. Other Skills:
The successful candidate must be highly detail-oriented and possess superior organizational and task management abilities. Respect for client confidentiality. Strong computer literacy, with knowledge of word processing and database applications, and ability to use standard office equipment in performing varied activities. Superior written and verbal communication skills.COVID Policy:
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)Applying Instructions:
Visit cwsglobal.org and click on the Employment link to find this position application. Inclusion of a cover letter and a current resume are required. CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
This job has expired.