We work seamlessly and inclusively together. Playing to each of our strengths, celebrating successes and learning from the best. Embrace the exposure to build a meaningful career. Have the opportunity to build a rewarding and meaningful career as part of the team committed to improving the lives of millions with cancer. All opinions are valued, all voices are heard - a place of trust and empowerment where everyone is respected as experts to share ideas and make decisions.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
The Administrative Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to take on a challenging role within the Oncology Business Unit Strategy team. Your focus will be on providing high quality executive admin support for the Head of Strategy Planning, Head of Lifecycle & Pipeline, and supporting team members. This role provides visibility at a senior executive level within AstraZeneca, and requires very strong problem solving and relationship skills.
As the successful role holder, you will be an individual with high standards, enthusiasm, together with excellent communication skills, a proactive approach and the confidence to act independently.
The role requires you to have strong problem solving skills and people skills in developing solutions; your patience and flexibility will be advantageous in securing this challenging but interesting role. Often working independently, you must be able to respond to changes in customer and stakeholder demands with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Head of Strategy Planning & Head of Lifecycle and Pipeline team calendar management
- Manage Lifecycle & Pipeline Team weekly meetings, including planning forward agenda
- Budget management for Lifecycle and Pipeline team including: tracking and monitoring budget, budget holder check ins, manage purchase requisitions, business partnering with franchise operations specialist
- Manage market research compliance submissions in Veeva PromoMats and Local NomSig platform: preparing submissions, liaise with reviewers and project owners for a quick turnaround time
- Proficiency with Outlook to manage busy calendars, schedule meetings, virtual calls and special events
- Conference registration and management
- Plan logistics of team-offsite and virtual events & Strategy Town Halls
- End-to-end multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements
- Process expense reports in-line with Company policy
- Use AstraZeneca systems and processes to support onboarding, ordering telephone / IT equipment, setting up key meetings, assigning a buddy or Gaithersburg new hires
- Be a member of the wider administrative community locally and globally
- Work collaboratively with the Strategy admin team working together to share best practices, support and resolving problems
- High School Diploma or GED required, bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior administrative role supporting complex projects
- Prior experience supporting senior leaders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels
- Ability to prioritize time critical assignments
- Experience working in a fast-paced global environment balancing competing priorities
- Experience providing high quality, professional support service, working proactively and independently without day-to-day direction.
- Ability to format documents for consistent, professional appearance and experience handling sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously and efficiently, identifying high priority and urgent tasks for immediate action so that all activities are completed accurately and on time
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet changing business demands.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of virtual meeting technologies, information management software, and Microsoft products
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.