To solve complex challenges, you need to challenge the status-quo.
At GHD Advisory we are invested in creating sustainable commercial outcomes with clients driving change in water, energy and urbanization.
Join a team committed to solving complex challenges across the value chain, from capital deployment to asset management, enabling resilience, growth and sustainability.
Together, we'll help create a future for generations to come.
About GHD & the Role:
As a global firm, GHD continues to expand our market presence across North America. As part of the Global Advisory Strategy, Sustainability, Resilience & ESG (S+R+ESG) is a key focus area for our clients and our growth. The Senior Advisor will work closely with the North American Decarbonization Leader and other S+R+ESG Executive Advisors to support GHD's growth in the market.
The goal for GHD is to be a thought leader and premier S+R+ESG consultant with a strategic focus across Private, Municipal, Water and Transportation markets in the USA and Canada.
Decarbonization is a key growth area within our S+R+ESG practice area that focuses on providing commercial value to our clients. This includes sustainability and resiliency strategy development, climate risk & impact assessment, and consulting related to ESG data, transactions and strategy.
What You Will Do:
Working with an energetic and high performing team, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
What You Will Bring:
- Operating across a wide variety of markets and learning opportunities to provide innovative GHG emissions reduction strategies for clients
- Conduct GHG emissions inventories and model a variety of approaches to reduce carbon
- Perform and deliver actionable decarbonization recommendations provided through clearly articulated project deliverables
- Maintain existing and build new client relationships and networks
- Manage small projects and ensure that they are completed within the budget and contractual obligations
- Preparing concise, accurate and focused written analysis, recommendations and presentations under the direction of the team's executive advisors
- Contribute to proposal ideation and development, complemented by project management and delivery capabilities across decarbonization including emissions baselining, operational challenge specification, solution identification, road-mapping and project/initiative sequencing
- Two to five years' experience in consultancy specifically around GHG emissions, decarbonization and net zero planning capability area and delivery commercial value to clients
- Degree in Engineering or Science is highly regarded but not essential
- An ability to work autonomously and collaboratively across a host of technical disciplines and industrial sectors
- Agility to think across sectors to bring value to clients
- Exceptional relationship management and written and verbal communication skills to work with a diverse client group with a variety of needs
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
#AT-1 About Us
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative, and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are.
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction, and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. Organization
Our Advisory practice supports clients throughout their business lifecycle from capital deployment, investment optimization and value preservation through to resilience and liability transformation. We create value and a competitive edge for our client's businesses by delivering commercially driven outcomes.