Job ID: 320900
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary
Various tasks of a Aggregate Ground Person:
- Work in a safe and professional manner
- Keep plant clean and maintained, including greasing and adjusting
- Report any accident or incident to supervisor
- Performs pre- and post-inspections of the plant, including fluid levels
- Fill out daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) when needed
- Informs supervisor of any maintenance or repairs needed
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Work long hours and weekends
- Cover vacations in different tasks as needed
- Assist with plant maintenance and plant repairs
- Work night or day shift
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays/nights
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain MSHA, OSHA, DOT and all other company policies or governmental state rules and regulations
- General knowledge in Plant Maintenance, Mechanical aptitude a must
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and courtesy
- Must have electrical background
- Ability to Operate Oxygen/ Acetylene torch and Arc Weld
- Pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and criminal background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarity with aggregate operations
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience with Quarry operations a plus
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive union benefits programs
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Albany Job Segment:
Plant, Electrical, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.