JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The role of the export specialist is to facilitate the movement of products/equipment/ materials out of the country, via ocean or air freight, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes. In addition, this role provides customer service with regard to: bookings, rates, document production, accounting, agent interaction and problem solving.
- Prepare and coordinate the necessary documentation for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all export activities
- Coordinate cargo pick up/transfer and monitor status
- Communicate with export related authorities, customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Obtain spot rates when necessary
- Communicate/correspond with overseas agents and clients in a timely manner, to include: pre-alerts, rate requests, shipment status, etc.
- Track shipments and update customers/agents of status
- Create and maintain customer files
- Create customer invoice and approve payables
- Audit files to ensure accuracy and completion
- Ensure accurate data entry and document upload into the system
- Assist other departments/divisions as needed, or when requested by department or branch manager
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skill
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ethical and team player
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Fluency in English required, additional languages preferred
- Experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to__ %) required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. This position requires employee to frequently work in a fluid, fast paced environment.ADDITIONAL:
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
DEFINITIONS: (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted)Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.