Segment Profile: Carlyle Global Investment Solutions (AlpInvest Partners)
Carlyle's Global Investment Solutions (GIS) segment (known as AlpInvest Partners) helps investors meet their objectives through tailored portfolio construction and rigorous investment selection. AlpInvest ($65bn in AUM), seeks to provide investors with access to the global private markets through primary, secondary, and co-investment opportunities across a range of strategies. The Firm has Fund offerings in the Private Equity Secondary, Co-Investment, and Portfolio Finance markets, and also works with large institutional investors in Separately managed account / Fund-of-One structures. GIS approximately 180 employees based in New York, Amsterdam, and Hong Kong.
Fund or Department Description
The GIS Investor Relations ("IR") team is responsible for IR-related activities across the segment, as well as new business development and fundraising activities across both Commingled Funds in Secondaries, Co-investments, and Portfolio Finance, and Separately managed / custom accounts ("SMA") with large institutions. The IR team consists of 22 professionals with different nationalities, of which ten are female, working closely together on global business development and investor relations, based in New York, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
The Carlyle Group seeks to hire a Senior Analyst within the Global Investment Solutions Investor Relations team. The position will primarily support GIS IR leadership team and the Carlyle Private Equity sales force in developing detailed, strategic marketing plans by region, client and product. The position will support the life cycle of a sale (from planning to closing). Finally, the position will periodically assist the GIS Product Specialists with responding to investor requests as needed. Interaction with limited partners and potential investors will be required to complete various assignments. This successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
- IR Strategy / Sales Support
- Assist IR leadership team with ongoing development and maintenance with Americas Sales Coverage plan, and driving its execution
- Ownership of firmwide fundraising reports and updates to senior leadership
- Assist leadership with evaluation of new product development initiatives
- Assist with preparation of broader sales strategy, including integration / coordination of Carlyle relationship managers
- Partner with consultant relations team in preparation and execution of firmwide sales approach as new products are approved
- Assist Product Specialist team with cross platform / strategic proposals for custom partnerships
- Assist the Carlyle Private wealth team in the onboarding of potential partners
- Investor Meetings and Events, assist with onsite investor meetings and conferences by:
- Creating and distributing pre-meeting briefings to meeting participants
- Coordinating with presenters from other business units
- Distributing marketing and other relevant materials
- Attending meetings, preparing draft meeting notes for upload to DealCloud (CRM system), and following up on investor requests.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with Client Relationship Managers, Fund Management and Legal
QualificationsRequirements Education & Certificates
- CRM Support
- Working with individual relationship managers to develop marketing plans by investment and product. Leverage market research from Preqin and other sources
- Addressing investor requests and coordinating with CRM to ensure clients are receiving timely and accurate responses to questions
- Organizing and executing the many aspects required to launch a new fund to internal constituents and external investors
- Coordinating amongst the sales force, to aggregate target lists, organize client outreach and follow up, and categorize investor interest for presentation to Fund Heads and Senior Management
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 3.3 GPAProfessional Experience
• 2+ years of prior experience in Investor Relations, Financial Services or related field
• Experience in investor relations at an alternatives investment firm, a alternatives placement firm, consulting firm, investment bank or other asset management firm preferred
• A strong understanding of financial markets and experience working with fundraisers for private markets strategies
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a teamCompetencies & Attributes
- Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Advanced proficiency on CRM software (DealCloud/Salesforce)
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management system
- Organized and practical, can turn high level direction into tasks to execute
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; attention to detail
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Thoughtful and client-savvy, able to understand nuances of sales / LP lifecycle
- Proactive, can independently identify necessary information or materials for meetings
- Support-oriented, willing to jump in, can perform basic analyses to drive insight
- Resourceful and collaborative, can leverage resources across the function
- Detail oriented and responsible; Self-Starter
The compensation range for this role is specific to New York City and takes into account a wide range of factors including but not limited to the skill sets required/preferred; prior experience and training; licenses and/or certifications.
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $125,000.
In addition to the base salary, the hired professional will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package spanning retirement benefits, health insurance, life insurance and disability, paid time off, paid holidays, family planning benefits and various wellness programs. Additionally, the hired professional may also be eligible to participate in an annual discretionary incentive program, the award of which will be dependent on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Due to the high volume of candidates, please be advised that only candidates selected to interview will be contacted by The Carlyle Group. Company Information
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $373 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 543 investment vehicles as of December 31st, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,100 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
This job has expired.