Local Unit & Position Description
To create value through meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs, sustainable practices should be at the heart of how business is done. We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. Our highly experienced consultants help clients with the full range of sustainability issues, with services including strategy, training, stakeholder engagement, human rights, green bonds, reporting and assurance.
We work with many of the world's leading companies with some of the world's top brands. We have extensive experience across most sectors, including: food & beverage; consumer goods; packaging; extractives; utilities; manufacturing; and financial services.
Are you looking for making real impact on how companies do business?
We're looking for an Analyst with experience in sustainable finance such as ESG and CSR due diligence, development and/or assessment of sustainable finance frameworks (e.g. Green Bonds, Climate Bonds, Sustainability Bonds), and/or responsible finance. The Analyst will be responsible for delivering Second Party Opinions and related products and services to customers across a diverse set of sectors including financial institutions, corporate and public sectors. The successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of the sustainable finance space and a track record of working with the Region Americas market.
This is an exciting role and you will be responsible for the delivery of projects and will support the business development team to ensure service excellence for clients while developing and maintaining new and existing relationships from day one.
The role would report to one of the existing Senior Consultants.
What You'll Do
Position QualificationsWhat is Required Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications
- Contribute to the production process of Second Party Opinions through accurate application of methodologies and established production processes
- Conduct interviews with customer subject matter experts to gather required data and follow-up information which are necessary to assess the customer's framework
- Write deliverables/reports in line with DNV quality expectations
- Ensure the highest quality of service delivered to our client (high quality, reactiveness, adaptability, availability)
- Contribute to products' innovation and development, in line with market needs, and in collaboration with the business line manager and product line manager
- Prepare due diligence internal reports, notes and reports to clients and research papers
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
Analysis & Judgement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related discipline (environmental science, engineering, social sciences, economics, or international relations); graduate degree in related field highly desirable
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience relating to sustainability/ESG, environmental and/or social impact assessment, carbon foot printing/GHG accounting, climate impact assessment
- Excellent English Language skills (working language) - Spanish language is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the sustainable finance sector, including market standards and practices. In particular, on the standards and practices to produce Second Party Opinions for green, social, sustainable and sustainability-linked bonds and loans
- Project Management skills, to lead and manage the team on assignments to efficiently produce and manage multiple missions at the same time in collaboration with the other members of the team while ensuring the good quality of the work.
- Rigor and time management to ensure the good application of the deontological and methodology rules, as well as the respect of the defined deadlines.
- Autonomy to be able to learn fast and produce missions in line with V.E's methodology.
- Excellent communication skills in English to efficiently conduct interviews and manage client relationships with confidence, clarity and eloquence.
- Critical analysis and synthesis skills to be able to process and assess big amounts of information in short periods of time and provide accurate analytical reports in line with V.E's methodology.
- Data analysis skills and knowledge - Monitor market trends and events, innovations, clients' expectations.
- Some travel may be required (up to 20%).
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements.Effective Communication
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively and able to provide and receive constructive feedback (both internal to the team and with customer contacts).Constructive Teamwork
- co-operates well with others and able to proactively collaborate; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals.Initiative & Responsibility
- acts on own initiative, able to effectively prioritize and multi-task against multiple concurrent deadlines, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for outcomesSelf-Development
- is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities.Professional Expertise
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!