The Carlyle Group's Fund Management (FM) team seeks a lead Anaplan Product Owner responsible for managing the Anaplan platform with a broad array of business stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role will partner with the Anaplan Architect, who sits in Carlyle's Global Technology & Solutions (GTS) team, to lead a team of external and internal resources responsible for managing Carlyle's Anaplan platform. Carlyle's Anaplan platform is projected to house many future use cases such as Carry Waterfalls, Fund Models, Cost Allocation, Expense Allocation, etc. The Product Owner will partner with business stakeholders and GTS to create and maintain product roadmaps and backlogs that align with the Firm's strategic goals and priorities. The Product Owner will drive the strategic vision of the firm's Anaplan platform and will proactively work with business stakeholders and fellow Product Owners to identify and implement expanded usage of the platform to solve complex and critical business challenges. In addition to leading the strategic vision of the platform, the Product Owner will also be directly responsible for supporting Fund Management's fund models and future use cases. Strong communication and executive presence are required to successfully interact with business stakeholders and act as the chief evangelist for Anaplan's expected growth across the firm.
• Maximizes the value of delivered products to ensure they meet stakeholders' needs
• Empowered ultimate decision maker for the product, responsible for defining its vision, and prioritizing features/stories according to business value
• Understands end to end relevant value streams of key capabilities within respective team, domain, and focus area
• Works with the team to breakdown capabilities and/or value streams into backlog items (epics, stories, etc.) and prioritizes backlog for the team
• Consistently engages with agile team to provide enough information to estimate amount of work and activities for value streams and helps slot them onto the rolling four quarter roadmap
End User Adoption
• Represents stakeholders/end users of a product
• Communicates to end user community on consistent basis
• Provides hands-on training to end users as needed and can translate their needs into business requirements for the team
• Works with our GTS technical leads to understand technical debt and other technical impediments at a high level so that they can be prioritized on the roadmap
• Identifies and escalates capacity, resource, and deliverable risks as needed
• Works with GTS Partner to manage vendor relationships
• Bachelor's degree required
• Concentration in Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting Information Systems, or related field, strongly preferred
• 7+ years of overall experience (or related consulting experience) working with business intelligence or enterprise / corporate performance management applications supporting business customers, required.
• Minimum of 3 years of Anaplan model building experience
• Proven ability to lead and execute responsibilities simultaneously
• Understanding of Accounting and Finance functions, strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of private equity/asset management business, value streams, and technology and a deep, tactical way of thinking
• Ability to translate strategic directions and business objectives into goals
• Know how to break down key features into appropriate user stories
• Experience running high-impact initiatives within the organization
• Effective delegator with proven management of cross-functional teams without direct supervision
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and can differentiate between distractions and the roadblocks that can impact goals
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $376 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 520 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
Greenville, South Carolina
Posted about 8 hours ago
Greenville, South Carolina
Posted about 8 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 5 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our