Kforce has a client that is seeking an Android Developer in Durham, NC.
- 4+ years of professional experience developing publicly available Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Verifiable experience as an Android developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in an agile environment
- Fluency in Kotlin and/or Java, from industry working experience
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from feature inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching other Android developers in a team-based organization
- Computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure adherence to software engineering standard methodologies including object-oriented and functional programming
- Understanding of testing concepts and frameworks using Junit, Espresso, and Mockito
- Understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and SonarQube to continuously and autonomously deliver high-quality apps to guarantee stable and performant experiences
- Understanding of Android's accessibility features and experience building accessible experiences on Android
- Experience with Coroutines, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM), and Jetpack Compose is a plus
- Understanding of Android Architecture Components as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.