The Applications Analyst I contributes to the design, development, testing, implementation and onoing maintenance of new and existing software applications. S/he also provides training and support to end users.
Under general direction of Digital Health Clinical Systems Data and HIE Services team management, the incumbent's primary responsibilities will focus on analytical support for multiple complex Mass General Brigham Digital Health projects. S/he would primarily participate in the design, development, testing, implementation, and on-going support and maintenance of several complementary clinical and data support applications. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to understand and document business requirements and translate those into functional specifications. This role will participate in all phases of software development lifecycle, focusing heavily on software quality assurance tasks. This role will interact with analytical, development and operational team members across the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Documents business requirements and translates those into functional specifications for the software application.
• Develops and executes test plans and performs other software quality assurance tasks.
• Trains end users on the operation of software applications. Develops end user documentation.
• Provides ongoing support of the software applications by identifying and resolving issues, and escalating as needed for timely resolution.
• Provides high quality, customer-focused services.
• Runs reports and performs other tasks associated with the ongoing operation of the software environment.
• Participates in regular team meetings to discuss team activities, issues and updates.
• Uses the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 3-5 years of healthcare information technology experience
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
• Experience in the development, support or operation of software applications, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Ability to document workflows and business processes
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other popular office productivity solutions
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.