Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a full time, fully benefited Artificial Lift Technician in the Cotulla, TX area on a 7x7 schedule. A rtificial Lift will perform installations and pulls, routine checks, and troubleshooting . Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
**Local candidate preferred, living within a 50-60 mile radius.**
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Primary Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Knowledgeable in Artificial Lift and Plunger Lifts
- Diagnose well and surface equipment problems and identify downhole failures
- Troubleshoot abnormal production conditions
- Analyze trends using SCADA systems to determine anomalies in the wells
- Interact with relevant personnel to optimize artificial lifts
- Optimize production regularity per the direction of Production Foreman
- Gather and calculate the Production Numbers through grease sheets and/or SCADA for their respective routes
- Enter production data in appropriate software (eVin)
- Plan and/or execute first line maintenance and give support to maintenance crew/contractor and submit work notifications in SAP for corrective maintenance
- Collect samples and do lab analysis or send to 3rd parties
- Isolate source from from leaks or energy to abnormal conditions
- Coordinate and oversee water haulers, saltwater haulers, oil haulers, hot oiler and chemical vendors
- Maintain compliance with operating procedures and work instructions
- Prepare reports and generate detailed records and handover notes as required to facilitate proper-communications
- Collect emissions data for environmental compliance
- Apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for routing tasks and provide feedback when SOPs cannot be achieved or information needs updating
- Report incidents, near misses, positive/negative behavior, etc.
- Utilize and honor request for Stop Work Authority
- Coordinate operation to meet or exceed production efficiency
- Support the training and competency development of lease operators and ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and understood
- Coordinate the shutdown and energy isolation of process equipment as required
- Communicate with other stakeholders to optimize day to day operational activities
- Coordinate the daily work activities including tool box talk / pre-job safety talk, attend safety meetings and do safe job analysis
- Validate production reporting and downtime coding
- Conduct pressure and safety sensitive operations (e.g change Rattigans, pressure testing equipment)
- Participate in well reviews
- Ensure client and 3rd party compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements as well as client HSE and operations standards, policies and practices
- Participate in and lead safety related drills and exercises, lead facility HSE meetings as required
- Supervise during emergency situations as required
- Align activities in weekly schedule meetings with maintenance
- Oversee the operation of safety systems, process control systems and communications systems, initiate any necessary action to ensure safe operation
- Develop, review and revise standard operating procedures
- Audit work practices and conformance to management systems
- Identify opportunities and methods to achieve continuous improvement in the asset
- Minimize impacts to the production process during equipment maintenance safeguard the operating condition of all plant and or process equipment
- Supervise equipment inspection and testing including critical function testing
- Prepare reports and generate detailed records and handover notes as required to facilitate proper communications
- Participate in and provide process input to HAZID/HAZOP/Design Reviews
- Initiate Management of Change (MOC) process as required
- Monitor the work backlog and implement suitable strategies to maintain acceptable levels
- Perform compliance testing
Skills / Qualifications Requirements:
- 3-4 years of experience in artificial lift operations.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Know how to apply SOP's for routing tasks
- Knowledgeable with Cygent, eVin, SAP and Microsoft Office
- Identify Process Flow Direction and valve position (NO/NC)
- Knowledge in Basic Fluid Mechanics: Pressure, Level, Flow, Temperature & Level parameters and measurement
- Knowledge in Basic Surface Equipment Design and Operations: Wellhead and Downhole, Artificial Lift, Separation Equipment, Central Facilities, Compressors, and Pipeline, P&ID's
- Basic understanding of surface equipment, normal conditions and abnormal conditions for reporting purposes; any leaks (flanges, union, packing)
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.