Job ID: 186639
OMNI Engineering, a CRH company, started its business in 1985 in Omaha, Nebraska. OMNI is involved in heavy highway construction as well as private and commercial site construction. Its primary business involves the manufacture and placement of asphalt for roads, city streets and parking lots. Currently, OMNI Engineering employs around 200 employees and remains a competitive force in the Omaha market.
This is a skilled position involving control and operation multiple types of asphalt paving equipment and laborer duties.
- Operates various types of asphalt paving equipment including; asphalt paver, screed, rollers, mill, broom and skid steer.
- May perform other related duties, such as adding or removing screed extensions, installing or removing automatic devices, grade log or other accessories associated with the machine.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Five to ten years related asphalt and road construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge in operating heavy construction equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgement.
- Valid drivers license and have a Class A CDL preferred.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Able to move/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
Pre-employment Requirements: All applicants are required to successfully meet all post-offer, pre-employment requirements which may include, but not limited to, physical, drug screen and background check.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essent What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
OMNI Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Engineer, Construction, Labor, Laborer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.