Assistant Director of Football Player Personnel🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Feb 10, 2023 Post Date📅97886 Requisition #Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation ("DAPER") is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 131 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, "The DAPER Way," which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively. Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you! We are currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Football Player Personnel. This position will report to the Director of Football Recruiting & Player Personnel (the "Director"). This role will work closely with all levels of the Stanford Football coaching staff and recruiting staff to organize and execute the athletic evaluation process for prospective student-athletes-both high school recruits and prospective college transfers-with a primary focus on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball. This is a one-year, fixed term position with the opportunity for renewal. Your responsibilities include:
- At the direction of the Director, execute a comprehensive strategy for identification and athletic evaluation of prospective Football student-athletes.
- Work cohesively with full-time position coaches and coordinators to develop athletic evaluation priorities for each position on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball. Continually reevaluate and evolve.
- Organize and maintain quality control of Football graduate assistants and quality control assistants in frontline athletic evaluations. Train staff and interns as needed.
- Maintain consistency and quality control of the athletic evaluation pipelines across multiple recruiting classes (sophomores through seniors) throughout the calendar year. Continually update and challenge existing athletic evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Director, coaches, and recruiting personnel on strategic direction for the Football roster model, depth and needs.
- Create video cutups for staff recruiting meetings that provide critical insight to the athletic strengths and weaknesses of prospects on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball.
- Be a strong, unbiased voice that helps lead staff recruiting discussions on athletic prospect evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with Football coaches to organize recruiting travel for efficient and prioritized evaluations.
- Evaluate and utilize third-party, NCAA-approved recruiting services for prospect evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with the operations staff on summer high school camps and organize thorough prospect evaluations at camps.
- Work collaboratively with the Football recruiting and operations staffs on campus recruiting visits and football events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The expected pay range for this position is $110,000 to $120,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in football scouting and player personnel.
- Exceptional organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative, continually self-evaluates, and proactively identifies new opportunities.
- Anticipates and/or responds effectively to changing dynamics and circumstances, welcomes fresh perspectives, and learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Embraces the scholar-athlete model of Stanford Athletics, including the uncompromising integrity of the Stanford Admissions process.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations. Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law. Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 97886