Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Sanding Assistant Operator
This is a rotating day shift position working 6am - 6pm. The Sanding Assistant Operator performs multiple duties and must be able to work at a fast pace. This position will assist in the continuous operation of the Sanding Line, which includes inspecting the material and ensuring the quality is within company specifications, while observing machine operations to report any abnormalities.
- Assist the Sanding Operator in the operation of the sanding line
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently perform the job duties of the 120 and 550 forklift operators in Sanding
- Coordinate the activities of forklift operators and assist them to ensure that material is being processed correctly
- Coordinate product changeovers
- Identify material leaving the machinery and label it accordingly
- Perform quality checks in accordance with customer specifications
- Package finished pallets of material for shipment
- Assist with cleaning the finishing areas
- Assist the Sanding Operator and other personnel in repairing or maintaining the machinery
- Communicate any problems or ideas that you have to the Sanding Team Leader
- Observes safe work practices in compliance with Company safety policy
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Sanding Team Leader
- Able to use a computer frequently
- Manufacturing Experence a plus
- Ability to operate a 120 or smaller forklift
- Ability to read a tape ruler and micrometer
- Must be committed to protecting the safety and wellbeing of colleagues, customers, suppliers, and any individuals using our premises, by providing and maintaining a safe working environment that protects both the physical and mental wellbeing of myself and others.
- Identify, and eliminate, hazards; or where we cannot eliminate hazards, minimize risk as much as reasonably possible.
- Demonstrate personal leadership in safety and ensure that myself and all colleagues at all levels take personal responsibility for safety and wellbeing as part of their role.
- Commit to compliance with all environmental laws, regulations, standards and other requirements such as site permits to operate.
Pay Rate: $18.88/hr
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.