It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Oversee the repairs, installations and upkeep of building, offices and production equipment. Their main duties include designing and maintaining maintenance procedures, tracking of expenses, coordinating capital projects, and performing inspections throughout the facility to meet compliance requirements, find problems and schedule repairs.
This role involves managing to achieve a high level of customer service, while controlling costs (utilities, supplies, repair and maintenance, etc.) to stay within budgets; leading efforts to ensure accurate inventory; managing projects to maximize productivity and safety. Along with all other members of the management team in the plant, the Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for enforcing safety requirements and plant work rules.
The Assistant Plant Manager may be called upon to serve as a backup for Production Supervisors, Floor Leads, Production Scheduler and Plant Manager when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Maintenance and coordinate efforts with Production Supervisors and leads. Ensuring operational efficiency of all equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair including leading, mentoring and prioritizing tasks for maintenance technician as a direct report.
- Work with the Production Supervisor to manage safety and housekeeping throughout the facility and drive continuous improvement. Set high expectations for order and cleanliness. Implement and enforce workplace safety policies and standards. Ensure that company premises and facilities are kept in clean and hygienic condition.
- Identify and lead capital investment projects. Negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work and capital projects. Coordinate and prioritize projects with Plant Manager.
- Responsible for final daily walk through and lockdown of the facility. Primary contact for emergency response to burglar, fire and security calls.
- Proven successful work experience as an assistant plant manager, production manager, or maintenance manager
- Computer literacy, proficient with Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook, teams, etc.)
- Experience in the chemical industry, with exposure to manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to drive improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with planning and implementing capital investment projects.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Familiarity in understanding blueprints and schematics a plus
- High School or GED is required. Bachelor's Degree in engineering, administration or facility management a plus (relevant work experience is acceptable).
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.