If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Neurology at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a full time Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology in the Pediatric Neurology Division. The incumbent will provide care for the inpatient and outpatient services at JHS and outpatient Neurology clinics on the University of Miami Medical Campus and satellite facilities. The primary clinical focus will be in the evaluation and treatment (as it pertains to children) of developmental delay, academic deficiencies/learning disorder, epilepsy, childhood onset migraine and other headache syndromes, movement disorders, and neuromuscular disorders. This position will be reporting to the Chief of the Division of Child.
- Treatment and prevention of neurological diseases in children
- Follow patients with childhood onset neurological diseases
- Active participation in the training program of the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Neurology Residency Training Program
- Provide teaching to students, residents, and fellows in both the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Attendance at resident and fellowship events and conferences
- Training of house staff from the JMH Pediatric Residency Program
- Preparation and presentation at teaching conferences
- Participation in research programs
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Requires an MD degree from a recognized accredited University (or foreign equivalent)
- Eligible to acquire a valid Florida medical license
- Board certified in Neurology
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other employees.
- Good organizational skills.
Please apply by submitting this application as well as sending the required documentation to: Dr. Robert Lopez Alberola, Pediatric Neurology Division Chief (email@example.com)
- A brief statement of your interest in the program and your career goals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak both to your clinical skills and to your potential as an independent investigator
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.