Job TitleAssistant Professor - Public HealthAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHealth & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the "My Experience" page has a section provided "Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)" to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Assistant Professor of Public Health is responsible for teaching 12 hours (or equivalent) and conducting scholarly activity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach 12 hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate and/or graduate courses in public health.
- Maintain quality programming in terms of expectations for activity, quality instruction, and record keeping.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with entities related to the program.
- Engage in service within the public health community and serve on departmental, college, university, and professional committees.
- Engage in scholarly research and potential to seek outside funding for research.
- Perform other duties as needed, related to the overall mission of the department, the college, and the university.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Health Education, Epidemiology, Health Communication or related field.
- Doctorate in related field of study that the Department of Health and Human Performance offers. ABD considered if verification is provided that degree is conferred before time of employment (Summer 2023).
- Knowledge of CEPH Accreditation Process and ongoing accreditation requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstration of ability to teach in the areas related to public/community health, and health promotion at the university level.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to public health and high quality teaching and research.
- Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Scholarly publication record or scholarly potential.
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate across disciplines, and work well as part of a team. Ability to collaborate across disciplines.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
The applicant will be responsible for the supervision of Graduate Assistants and Student Lab Assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
This job has expired.