At EAB , our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,900 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards .
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
The Commercial Analytics team enables EAB to take a highly data-driven approach to managing the business. Our objective is to provide our peers with the insights and analysis necessary to make better decisions.
As Associate Data Engineer, you will support a group of analysts & data scientists by building and maintaining data pipelines, infrastructure, and processes that enable advanced analysis. You will transform complex and nuanced data in to simple, easily consumed formats. You will also play a critical role in EAB's acquisition strategy by mapping and integrating data from newly acquired business units into existing infrastructure. Ideal candidates for this position will have exceptional problem solving skills, attention to detail, and organization, and must be highly motivated to manage complex concepts and provide outstanding service.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC or Richmond, VA.
- Use SQL to develop & maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines that support advanced analytics.
- Make commercial performance data simpler and easier to use for analysts and data scientists.
- Source, map, and integrate external data sets in to existing infrastructure, including data from newly acquired business units.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to understand team needs and discover the best solutions.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in an analytical/quantitative field (e.g. computer science, statistics, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience using SQL to manage complex and disparate data.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interpret nuanced, contextual requests.
- Self-starter with proven ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, and to constantly improve technical/analytical skills by learning new methods.
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Programming experience with R and/or Python.
- Experience in server/database administration.
- Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
This job has expired.