Associate Director of Clinical Services
Sarah Lawrence College Health & Wellness Center Associate Director of Clinical Services is an academic year (35 week) appointment, responsible for providing consultation, evaluation and psychological treatment services for the undergraduate and graduate students of Sarah Lawrence College as well as supporting the Director in coordination, oversight, and provision of clinical care in the counseling center. Counseling and Psychological Services is committed to providing counseling and clinical care for students from a cross-cultural, integrative and mindfulness based perspective. This senior clinician is expected to engage in short term individual counseling, support in overseeing clinical care, crisis evaluation, treatment planning, and referrals and consultation with campus partners around students of concern. The senior clinician coordinates and works closely with the CAPS Director in providing clinical care as well as serves as a back-up clinician for CAPS director in addressing the needs on campus.
This is a 35 week flex position (33 weeks during the academic calendar and two additional weeks from May-August for planning for the upcoming academic year.) Work week includes one remote day determined by staffing coverage. Weekend and evening hours for consultative coverage in rotation with CAPS director during academic year only.
Essential Duties Summary
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To assist the CAPS Director in overseeing day to day clinical operations of counseling center.
- Assist CAPS director building strategy for clinical service provision and implementing strategic initiatives on campus.
- Assist with oversight of daily clinical flow ensuring adequate coverage of consult/triage, same day, and intake appointments available.
- To assist the CAPS Director with the supervision as needed of clinical staff including day to day clinical guidance.
- To provide back-up for the Director of CAPS as needed during the academic year including rotating tertiary consultation coverage evenings and weekends for on-call student affairs staff; no direct after-hours contact with students.
- To assist the CAPS Director with faculty and staff consultation as needed.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the Director from assigning duties that are logically related to this position.
- Psychological consultations
- Comprehensive intake evaluations
- Same Day appointments for urgent care
- Brief individual psychotherapy
- Assist with clinical supervision of staff as needed
- Alcohol and Other Drug Evaluations, Treatment and Referrals
- Promote and participate in Health & Wellness Center outreach activities and events
- Consultation and liaison services with campus faculty and administrators
- Documentation of all patient care and communication in EHR (electronic health record)
Required QualificationsApplicants must be proficient in:
- Weekly schedule management through EHR – Practice Management system
- Managing a fast-paced, high acuity caseload
- Maintaining excellent and timely clinical documentation.
- Working with an integrated clinical team (including psychiatric provider, mental health clinicians, medical services staff) as well as the College community.
- Self-reflection and commitment to hearing and acting on feedback in a collegial environment.
- Bringing an understanding of the intersection of race, gender, LGBTQ orientation, disability status and socioeconomic status on mental health concerns along with providing appropriate and informed treatment.
- Clinical supervision of psychotherapy staff as needed.
- Group programming and delivery.
- Doctorate in Counseling / Clinical Psychology/Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with college counseling which includes 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 years or more of administrative experience including staff management and supervision is preferred
Preferred QualificationsRequirements for Employment
- Experience with after hours on-call consultation
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.Posting Number:
S00335POpen Date: Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsTo apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2016
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.