Associate Director, Small Molecule Translational PKPD Modeling & DMPK (Oncology)
Based in Waltham, US
Do you have expertise in Oncology, and a passion for PKPD modeling and DMPK science, applied to Cancer biology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
We currently have an exciting Associate Director opportunity for someone who has a passion for PKPD modeling and DMPK science, applied to Cancer biology, ideally with experience of working with small molecule drug projects to join our team.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
A place built on courage, curiosity and collaboration - we make bold decisions driven by patient outcomes. Empowered to lead at every level, free to ask questions and take smart risks that write the next chapter for our pipeline and Oncology team.
Oncology DMPK department
The Oncology DMPK department provides drug metabolism & pharmacokinetic, as well as translational PKPD modeling & simulation support to our portfolio.
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness and maximising the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialised portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
We're brave disruptors - entrepreneurial, courageous and pioneering in our approach. Here you have the opportunity to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment.
What You'll Do
As an Associate Director, Small Molecule Translational PKPD Modeling & DMPK you will have the opportunity to drive strategy and provide global leadership in PKPD science across our diverse portfolio, and act as role model, mentoring and guiding less experienced members of the team.
Your day-to-day role is to provide projects with specialist modeling input into exploring the PK/PD/Efficacy in pre-clinical models, and using these models in order to iteratively build an understanding of the dose & schedule requirements for therapeutic intervention across different patient populations as a single agent and combined with other agents.
Essential for the role
- Representing Oncology DMPK and providing overall scientific leadership for cross functional and external collaborations involving DMPK.
- Exploring the effects on target and pathway to understand the requirements for efficacy and set a candidate drug target profile (CDTP).
- Predicting human dose and regimen together with providing input into exposure and pharmacodynamic (PD) biomarker based decision criteria for early clinical trials.
- Driving learning through back translation of early clinical exposure and PD data and providing prioritized future options for clinical testing.
- Leading and participating in Oncology strategic scientific initiatives and continuous improvement projects by providing expert M&S knowledge.
- Having a breadth of influence and impact across AstraZeneca DMPK and externally within their discipline.
- Identifying, championing and developing new ideas.
- Leading scientific discipline networks and acting as a focus for debate within the AstraZeneca scientific community.
- Advising on and participating in the development of Discovery or Development strategies in PKPD for biologics/ADCs/small molecules.
- Managing student and Post Doc programmes.
- Leading external collaborative projects with academic or cross-pharma pre-competitive groups.
- Providing disciplinary scientific leadership and presenting work through patents, publications and lectures.
About The Waltham Site
- PhD or equivalent degree in a discipline with a significant component of Modeling & Simulation, such as systems biology, quantitative pharmacology, pharmacometrics, chemical engineering, physics, pharmaceutical sciences or applied mathematics.
- Min. 5-8 years' experience in Modeling & Simulation, ideally in preclinical/translational setting with a focus on biologics, or a MS degree with proven industry experience.
- Experience in a project-facing role within pharmaceutical R&D.
- Comprehensive understanding of DMPK and pharmacology/safety aspects of drug discovery and development with a strong publication record.
- Track record of supporting PK, PKPD and TKPD aspects of projects, with a delivery focus and ability to meet timelines to pre-specified quality and cost.
- Specialist in tools such as WinNonLin/Phoenix NLME, NonMem, Berkeley Madonna, MATLAB, and SimCYP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong influence and leadership skills.
- Line leadership experience would be desirable
Our Waltham, Massachusetts facility develops life changing small-molecule research in North America, with innovative laboratories at the Gatehouse Park Bio Hub, just west of the city center. Our BioHub facility, is a bold new R&D initiative, which fosters life science discoveries and the exchange of ideas. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. With a shuttle bus to and from Alewife station, the location provides you the ability to work in the heart of one of the world's most vibrant research centers.
Our Waltham site offers a variety of amenities to help book productivity and help keep our employees happy and engaged. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams and the greater research community.Competitive remuneration and benefits apply
We offer a competitive Total Reward program including a market driven base salary, bonus and long term incentive. We have a generous paid time off program and a comprehensive benefits package.Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.So, what's next?
This job has expired.
- If you are already imagining yourself joining our team, good, because we can't wait to hear from you!