AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. We are more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
AstraZeneca has a multifaceted environment that cultivates collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build talent.
Within Hematology R&D, we are committed to advancing the science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients most in need. With a combination-focused pipeline that exploits the power of six scientific platforms (Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response, Antibody-drug Conjugates, Cell Therapy and Epigenetics) to help address unmet clinical needs in a host of hematological cancers, we are motivated by a dedication to the scientific discovery and collaboration that will one day help eliminate cancer as a cause of death. This unit has responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs
The Translational Medicine function exists within Hematology R&D to ensure effective and strategic biomarker studies for Hematology & Oncology project teams. Closely interacting with the pre-clinical Discovery, Early Clinical Development, and Precision Medicine & Biosamples diagnostics functions, Hematology Translational Medicineteam is the single point of accountability for delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers to all Hematology project teams, providing feasibility assessments, technical validation, centralized biomarker analysis capability for clinical samples, delivery of translational science research and early clinical phase engagement.
The Genomics team within Haematology Translational Medicine function uses Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other sophisticated technologies to match the right patient to the right drug and support precision oncology approaches for the AZ Oncology pipeline.
You will be responsible for performing work in a genomics lab - planning, designing, and performing experimental work, then detailing and communicating results to appropriate partners.
- Deliver genomic information to AZ project teams and other partners using NGS and other groundbreaking technologies
- Develop and maintain internal genomics lab capability with a special focus on single-cell RNA Sequencing (scRNAseq) and liquid biopsy approaches (circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs).
- Involvement in data analysis/QC, trouble-shooting, interpretation of results, and communication back to project teams. Familiarity with instrumentation including automation and software necessary for a high-throughput genomics lab
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute evaluations of platforms, vendors, and new technologies of clinical and translational utility and apply to address relevant needs
- Provide technical advice and genomic/biomarker consultation to partners
- Deliver biomarker assays and genomic/molecular profiling datasets, leveraging sample management software, a LIMS system, Jira and other software tools for project tracking and communication, electronic lab notebooks for documentation, and written project reports clearly and concisely summarizing results
- Work effectively with Translational Medicine Leads to consult on technologies, set expectations and timelines, develop project biomarker plans, and use fit-for-purpose platforms and technical approaches both internally and externally
- Be accountable for high quality biomarker data generation, validation and results/report delivery in a timely manner and, in partnership with Translational Medicine Leads and Project Management, deliver report summaries to project teams and partner lines
- Lead lab-based biomarker identification focused on project needs to deliver clinically qualified biomarkers that will guide dose selection, schedule, patient stratification and selection
- Identify exploratory biomarkers relevant for drug response/resistance, patient stratification, and disease progression
- Ensure that all nominated biomarkers are fit for purpose in the clinical environment
- After qualifying relevant biomarkers, work in collaboration with diagnostic, clinical, and regulatory partners to develop companion diagnostics on internal and external projects
- For biomarker work, maintain appropriate documentation, be compliant with requirements, assist in preparation of regulatory documents and responses to questions, and participate in external presentation of results and peer-reviewed journal publications
- Where practical, use external partners for high-throughput sequencing, technology development, and other sophisticated genetics/genomics approaches
Working at AstraZeneca
- Master's degree in a relevant science subject
- Minimum of 3 years of R&D experience
- Strong hands-on laboratory and technical skills with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and single-cell RNA Sequencing (scRNAseq) is required
- Experience handling internal projects and external genomic collaborations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with clear documentation of work performed and ability to describe and understand its importance
- Excellent problem-solving skills with clear understanding of the balance of innovation, thoughtful risks, and project delivery
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task project work
- PhD degree preferred
Here you'll have the chance to create a substantial difference to patients' lives! With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines - for the world's most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and crafting the patient ecosystem.Next Steps? Apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.Find out more and follow AstraZeneca on:
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.