Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Industrial Coating Systems (ICS) designs equipment our global customers rely on for the precise application and curing of liquid paint, powder finishes, container barrier coatings and ambient temperature adhesives and sealants. Production lines work smarter with custom engineered robotic solutions from Nordson Industrial Coating Systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation:
- Support and assist in the execution of small projects centered on electrical component and product designs, enhancements, quality improvements, and supply chain initiatives.
- Support and assist in electrical component and product maintenance, engineering change management and corrective actions in support of quality, manufacturing, and product portfolio sustainability.
- Lead and support collaborative efforts and communication with cross-functional teams (i.e., marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing) to drive project actions, deliverables, and results.
- Provide electrical support and technical assistance for all products lines within the Industrial Coating Systems division.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degreeExperience:
0-3 years of related engineering or internship/co-op experienceSkills and Abilities
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Experience with industrial electrical components and electronics
- Experience working with 480VAC power systems and power factor correction (preferred)
- Experience working on high power RF equipment (preferred)
- Ability to apply sound electrical engineering principles and practices in the design and verification of solutions
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of ultraviolet (UV) radiation and it's use
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with product compliance, certifications, and regulations (REACH, RoHS, WEEE) (preferred)
- Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCad (preferred)
- Experience with SAP or an ERP System (preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Estimated <10% (domestic & international)
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.