Overview Manage the Installations at all facilities to be completed on time or before the committed due date.
Position Title: Associate Implementation Manager
This role offers you the opportunity to showcase your project management expertise and technical skill to make a direct impact at the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. As Associate Project Manager, Implementation Services you will assist and provide technical oversight / guidance to local property engineering teams through your project management and task tracking activities. Working cross-functionally with our Data Center Operations, Sales teams, and Customers, you will coordinate installation of equipment and infrastructure within a data center or colocation environment. It will be your mission to ensure these installations are completed on time, on budget and error-free. If you are eager to work on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The Associate Project Manager, Implementation Services is responsible for managing client installations Service Orders/Work Orders etc.
The position's primary responsibility is project management of client installations in a data center raised floor environment. This typically includes the installation of racks, electrical distribution, cages, containment systems, and data cable infrastructure. The Associate Project Manager, Implementation Services will manage multiple simultaneous projects across several data centers in their region using standard project and construction management best practices to ensure all installations are completed on time, in budget, and error-free
What you'll do
- Detail and work with client and Engineering on the technical specifications and requirements
- Work with contractors and suppliers to obtain the best quality execution and the best pricing
- Qualify vendors and implement the company's procurement procedures including tendering projects, using RFPs, purchase orders, and cost tracking templates
- Hold contractors and suppliers to set due dates
- Continually track the Service Orders to completion.
- Identify and rectify any steps in the process that are delaying installations.
- Attend weekly meetings with all installation managers as assigned
- Work closely with the Sales Engineers and Sales to insure what is on the order is understood and what we are project managing to
- Set real expectations to the project delivery dates
2. Support the various departments in DLR with material sourcing, pricing, and technical specifications
- Assist the Sales Engineers in ensuring the Sales Orders accurately reflect the client requirements
- Work with the Operations teams to ensure they are completing Work Orders in a timely fashion, as well as to lay out timeframes to give to clients when we receive a request
- Work closely with Facility Engineering, Sales Engineering, Sales, Construction, Procurement, Provisioning and Finance
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing on-site installations
3. Provide implementation updates
- Keep clients informed of the installation progress
- Update project tracking log regularly as required
- Attend conference calls and meetings with clients as required
4. Project cost reporting
What you'll need
- Keep accurate records for all expenditures (PO/contract with vendors)
- Document actual installation costs vs budget for each completed installation
A bit about us
- College Degree preferably technical (i.e.: Engineering, Tele Com. Computer Science etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, data center construction and/or in the telecommunications/engineering industry
- Intermediate level knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure
- Intermediate level knowledge in reading/interpreting construction plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
- Advanced level proficiency in the use of MS Productivity tools, including Word, Access, Excel, Visio
- Proficiency with project management software
- Working knowledge of cost accounting
- Customer service skills
- Ability to track costs for all projects, using purchase orders and other tracking methods
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communications, interpersonal and oral/written presentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.