Associate Medical Director/Medical Director US Oncology Medical Affairs EGFR/TDR
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Associate Medical Director/Medical Director US Oncology Medical Affairs EGFR/TDR role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About the Oncology Business Unit
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
Lead in the execution of activities aligned to the medical strategy for a specific indication(s) within lung cancer
- Lead the strategic alignment across US Medical Affair's functional areas (MI, medical education and grants, HEOR, ESRs, PAGs, etc); align with the global and commercial teams regarding the US medical plan
- Insights gathering/coordination across HQ/field teams and utilizing to formulate/modify plans
- Develop and action the US Medical Affairs Advisory Board plan
- Responsible for US scientific narrative development
- Train and distribute communications to US ONC MSL's on USMA priorities
- Coordinate, track, and execute pre-launch activities
- Plan and deliver for external engagement
- Discern and action on optimal and appropriate use of medical resources
- Master's degree in pharmacology, pharmacy, medicine, biological sciences (MS or RPh)
- 3+ years of prior industry experience, preferably in medical affairs
- Knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development, and field medical activities
- Ability to independently develop and deliver strategic plans and medical initiatives/projects
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on successful outcomes
- Experience in engaging with external experts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel, as permissible (travel will be up to ~30% of time)
- Doctorate in medicine, pharmacy, pharmacology, biological sciences, or equivalent experience (MD, Ph. D., PharmD)
- Experience in developing and maintaining a network that includes external expert
- Experience in navigating complex business challenges
- Experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements
- Knowledge and/or expertise in disease or therapeutic area.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#theplacetOBU #oncologycareers #lifeatAZ #Bravedisruptors
This job has expired.