A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Scientist 3 will work in a team-based environment to develop commercial bioassays that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry. The candidate will support new projects and custom work in the field of Molecular Biology. The Associate Scientist III will contribute to service introduction which includes test method development, client testing, validation and equipment performance qualification studies in line with appropriate quality driven requirements and regulations. The candidate will be an effective communicator and assist in training staff members for new offerings and methods.
Who You Are:
- Master's degree in scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) with 1+ years of laboratory experience - OR -
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) with 3+ years of laboratory experience
- Strong molecular biology skills, especially with qPCR
- Broad working knowledge of Molecular Biology lab policies and assays
- Experience in cGXP testing or manufacturing environment
- Capable of developing and executing a broad range of molecular biology protocols.
- Technical skills should include but are not limited to: Nucleic Acid Extraction techniques, PCR, QPCR, and ddPCR
- Conduct assigned test procedures independently using laboratory automation
- Performs basic data analysis
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215298
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.