Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
The Automation Technician provides leadership to direct and coordinate activities such as repairs, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, alterations, improvements and protection of all company assets to ensure economical and continuous operations.
- Modify PLC Programs (develop and document changes)
- Maintain health and reliability of Control Net Network (PLC to PLC, PLC to field I/O network, cabling)
- Maintain health and reliability of Device Net Network
- Back up PLC programs on a scheduled basis
- Provide call support to facility on a "as needed basis"
- Coordinate maintenance of MV Switchgear and Starter, LV Switchgear and VFDs
- Add and maintain Field I/O as necessary
- Maintain plant electrical drawings and documentation.
- Provide training for EMT's
- Create procedures for all related tasks
- Review weekly outstanding Work Orders and guarantee reasonable completion time.
- Rotate Plant Call Out Schedule as needed
- Perform other plant supporting functions as deemed necessary by Maintenance Manager.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent experience as an Automation Technician preferred.
- Requires 3 or more years of experience in plant maintenance or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Need to have basic lubrication skills.
- Must possess an understanding of all electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Computer literate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, listening skills, data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and clearly communicate thoughts and work instructions.
- Ability to set priorities based on company goals and manage multiple ongoing tasks on a daily basis.
- Position requires individual to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders daily as well as ability to work in tight quarters.
- Must be able to wear air respirator equipment.
- Must be tolerant of grease, oil, and other petroleum- based products.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
#LI-NT1Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.