WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider that transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which includes our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team, and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As part of the software engineering team at AVI-SPL, the Azure Data Engineer (ADE) will be hands on designing and implementing software & data-based solutions globally for our organization. The Azure Data Engineer is a key member driving data innovation and business enablement through data.
While learning and maintaining the current set of data constructs, repositories, and integrations, you will also work to modernize our data structures by building data management capability directly for Azure Cloud. You will use leading cloud & data methodologies and techniques to develop, orchestrate, and govern data services. This will be based on Azure's modern Data Management Architecture which directs AVI-SPL's data framework. And, it's this new, modern data framework that our global organization trusts and uses for core business applications, Business Intelligence, and ultimately market advantage.
While working closely with the Director of Software Engineering you will be a technical expert who gains a deep understanding of AVI-SPLs business and how data drives success. The Azure Data Engineer will partner with both IT teams and consumers of data in the business as you direct AVI-SPL data services toward the development and execution of a robust Continuous Delivery model of innovation.
- Learn and support existing legacy data constructs, repositories, integrations, & ETL procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the Business Architect on the Enterprise level data model, its maintenance and optimization, and end-to-end data-driven integration strategy.
- Work with software engineers to and enterprise apps to build & maintain application-level data models (ERDs). Collaborate with Product Owners/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to design. Review and interpret business requirements into data specifications & data model.
- Participate in developing the future technical strategy, roadmap, vision, data architecture standards, guidelines, principles, and best practices for the data engineering domain.
- Maintain the highest level of data quality standards in developing & evolving new data constructs. (repos, entities, tables, fields, relationships, pipelines, etc...)
- Support and help establish AVI-SPLs future of "everything-as-code" with full CI/CD management & deployment of all data components through Azure DevOps.
- Incorporate Agile principles in helping build an Agile framework to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across the full-stack of AVI-SPLs data technologies.
- Design, develop, adapt, and maintain data repository architecture and relational databases that support numerous enterprise level data functions. (analytics, reporting, mining, etc...)
- Identify, design, implement, & support proper data hierarchy structures, ensuring proper functions are happening against proper data repos & datasets.
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories.
- Build and maintain all data components in Dataverse (tables, fields, option lists, relationships, views, forms, etc...)
- Build high-quality data pipelines supporting analytic solutions. Create automation jobs (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Air Flow) to normalize and prepare data to be consumed by analytics and the business.
- Create new ETL Code/Mappings.
- Optimize performance of queries and ELT/ETL procedures.
- Support Adhoc Data Load and Data fixes.
- Develop and maintain View for Complex Reporting requirements.
- Perform Technical Mapping and Field Analysis.
- Reverse engineer ETL Code to trouble data issues.
- Author SQL reports (SSRS), SPROCs, SSIS packages, and PowerBI dashboards as needed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- Using data management tools, collaborate with AVI-SPL's Cyber Security & data compliance team to support and administrate proper data governance tools for risk mitigation and compliance adherence for AVI-SPLs global data requirements.
- Drive the administration framework for building and maintaining AVI-SPLs data catalog with Master Data management.
- Provide visibility into AVI-SPLs' data estates.
- Maintain data lineage.
- Implement and maintain defined data policies (DLP / IRM)
- Bring a passion for staying on top of data trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- A curious self-starter is willing to learn and stay current with the emerging technologies required.
- The ability to communicate and interact extraordinarily well & in a professional & timely manner
- Ability to reverse engineer data scripts and code
- Ability to diagnose complex data problems
- Excellent multitasking capabilities while adapting to changing priorities
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to come into the office as needed and upon request
- Deep understanding of data organization & data modeling
- Comprehensive & practical knowledge of different data technologies and repo types
- At least 8 years of coding with Microsoft database technologies (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Dataverse)
- At least 7 years in complex data environments with direct responsibility for technical delivery
- At least 5 years of experience with modern Azure data technologies (ADF, Synapse, Databricks, ADLG2)
- Real, functional, & hands-on experience working with the following technologies:
Azure Data Lake
Azure Service Bus
Azure Data Factory
Azure Events Hub/Grid
Spark / Databricks
Azure Data Services
Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Cognitive Svcs
SSRS & SSIS
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Experience with Power Platform (Power Automate, Canvas Apps, Model Apps, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience in Statistics
- Experience in Data Science
- Data management through REST based APIs
- Data friendly software engineering experience - i.e. Python, PySpark
- Experience in Formal Agile Environment
- Experience with Azure Purview or equivalent data governance platform
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.