Helen of Troy is hiring a Project Engineer for our Health & Home office in Marlborough, MA. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including Braun, Honeywell, PUR and Vicks. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in Marlborough. Once our Marlborough, MA office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
As the key technical lead for the programs, the Project Engineer will be responsible for the overall engineering design and development of consumer products. The PE will use technical background and expertise to manage other resources to solve technical problems. This role requires working closely with Marketing, Quality, and Program Managers.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Explore, collect, and prove feasibility of new products. Develop concepts and convert concept to prototype.
- Conduct prototype management and testing
- Investigate, understand, and can leverage competitive designs
- Lead technical reviews and testing verifications. Develop and test systems and functions.
- Lead the design of plastic and metal components based upon product industrial design requirements
- Create technical documentation, including engineering product specifications, quality plans, FMEA's, etc.
- Lead existing product activities, including upgrades, conversions, feature and function changes, quality improvements and cost reductions
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Medical device experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of injection molding and plastic design requirements
- Possess knowledge of consumer home environment products
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must possess proactive attitude and be a self-starter in exploring new products and technologies
- Ability to lead engineering product development activities in all phases of the NPD process, including technical feasibility, prototyping, testing, designing, performance and feature validation & verification through pilot run and initial production
- Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide concise and accurate technical status and direction on projects.
- Working experience of electrical or electronic field is a plus; having a basic mechanical and electrical knowledge of common consumer products such as Fans, Humidifiers and Electric Heaters is a plus
- Working knowledge of small appliance manufacturing, preferably in Asia and/or Mexico
- Basic understanding of UL, ETL, CSA, and European compliance standards and other safety standards for related products
- Creo or other basic 3-D CAD design skills
- Basic knowledge of FDA, ISO 13485, and DHF requirements for 510k exempt medical devices is a plus
- Travel is required; domestic and international
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
.Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.