The Benefits Specialist will collaborate with The Benefits Manager on the planning, design, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of comprehensive Retirement programs. Analyzes participant data and trends to lead and support Retirement and Health and Welfare programs. You will help build a great place to work by ensuring that stakeholders at every level of the organization understand and adopt our vendor's technology and evidence-based best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS representatives, and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems.
- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Develops, conducts and participates in a variety of presentations to inform and educate management and employees about changes to benefit plans, administrative practices and legislated requirements and programs.
- Assists in the development of business processes.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data.
- Researches current benefit trends and regulatory/legislated requirements and recommends programs/changes to the Manager of Benefits.
- Assists with employee data auditing and reporting
- Research and reconcile issues such as data discrepancies.
- Monitors plan limits, eligibility and other restrictions on plan participation to ensure compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements. Interpret legal language in the summary plan descriptions and in the plan documents. Ensure compliance with applicable legislation such as Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in benefits
- Retirement Plan experience required
- Strong analytical and presentation skills required
- Ability to effectively multi-task, demonstrate flexibility and high levels of initiative
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and strong time-management skills
- Health and Welfare Plan knowledge preferred
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Workday
- Demonstrate program ownership and architect ability to connect the dots and deliver continuous improvement
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.