GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
Position will be responsible for greeting patients, visitors and employees, assisting with mask distribution and symptom attestation at the MGB Hospital entrances. Will communicate and enforce entrance and safe care policies and respond to inquiries in a professional and service oriented manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specific duties may include the following:
Screening:Greets and screens employees, patients and visitors at hospital entrances as indicated by hospital procedure and confirms they are COVID-19 asymptomatic; also escort patients and their visitors with finding their destination within the hospital. Communicate any restrictions.
- Assists with patient and family/visitor inquiries and requests by actively listening and clearly responding. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information regarding hospital services and office locations, as well as clear and understandable directions.
Mask and Attestation Greeting:At designated hospital entrances requests all who enter the building sanitize their hands, distribute face masks and ensure they are properly applied. Confirm all who enter the building are symptom free via MGB COVID pass or verbal attestation.
Social Distancing Monitoring: Monitor hallways, elevators, stairwells and congregating areas to ensure that individuals are maintaining a safe 6 ft. distance from one another.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Distribution:At designated stations throughout the interior of the hospital provide employees with required Personal Protective Equipment (masks, scrubs, face shields, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse population of staff, patients and visitors
- Possess good customer service skills
- Possess good judgment
- Possess good problem solving skills and ability to know when to escalate matters to leadership as appropriate
- Adhreres to all Safety standards
- This position will require wearing a mask and standing for extended periods of time and completing a symptom attestation upon arrival for each shift.
- Shifts will be scheduled for 5am-1:30pm, 9am-5:30pm or 10:30a-7p Monday-Friday. May include weekends and/or holidays.
- Location: BWH Main Campus
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.Federal EEO Statement:
Bulfinch Temporary Service/Mass General Hospital is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.