A box truck driver is responsible for safely driving a 26' box truck and providing pickup and drop off services to our customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in safe and efficient manner
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections
- Responsible for completion of assigned routes in a timely and safe manner
- Responsible for running route and follow direction of Supervisor
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Clear and clean job sites of debris and other materials, ensuring they are restored to their original state
- Practice personal safety and safety of others
- Must complete paperwork and submit daily
- Provide support to operations as required
- Other tasks as required
- Push/Pull containers of recyclable from inside offices, docks, storage units, etc.
- Wear uniform daily
- Communicate professionally with customers
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- CDL A license, with air brake endorsement
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Acceptable driving record/MVR
- Must be able to driver a manual transmission
- Self-starter, motivated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of basic preventative and general maintenance activities
- Strong ability to follow oral and written instructions properly
- Must be able to work in harsh climates (hot and cold)
- Must be able to lift and push 100 lbs
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This job has expired.