We are seeking a Brand Manager, Global Licensing to join our Health and Home unit in Marlborough, MA. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including: Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell® and PUR®, Join this exceptional team to bring people outstanding products that elevate lives everywhere, every day.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in Marlborough, MA. Once our Marlborough office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Brand Manager, Global Licensing will be responsible for developing and managing long-term relationships with both current and new Licensors identified by the company - initially, Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Honeywell. This person must quickly develop a solid understanding of Helen of Troy, Health & Home's (H&H) sales and marketing growth strategies across its many businesses so he/she can maximize the value of the current licenses to help support these strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience in global licensing content, identifying new business opportunities, and developing brand strategies in a Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) environment. This individual will assist the Director, Global Licensing in planning and providing leadership cross-functionally to achieve long-range business development objectives with each licensing/strategic partner.
The Brand Manager, Global Licensing will also play a reverse role as Licensor of our owned brand, PUR. He/she will assist the Director, Global Licensing in managing current and future licensees; identifying future opportunities in partnership with PUR's licensing agency-of-record; and, in building a best-in-class out-licensing program.
In addition, this role supports Brand Protection efforts across the Health & Home business unit from a marketing and strategy standpoint, covering core brands: Braun, Vicks, Honeywell and PUR. As part of a cross-functional team, this person will work especially closely with the Assistant General Counsel - IP, Corporate Brand Protection Manager, and our Licensors' Brand Protection teams.
agency-of-record; and, in building a best-in-class out-licensing program.
What you'll be doing?
- The Brand Manager, Global Licensing will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day interaction with P&G and Honeywell regarding partnership management.
- Manage on-going relationships with current licensors to ensure that Helen of Troy is fully leveraging the value of each license globally in its products, marketing initiatives, and channels of distribution, and achieving its long-term growth goals as they relate to the licensed brands.
- You will work closely with the Director, Global Licensing; Global Category Organization (GCO) Strategy Team and Regional Marketing Organization (RMO) Marketing teams to ensure that each licensed brand has a clear role within its respective category(s) and a plan for long-term development.
- Collaboration with Health & Home's (H&H) Creative Services team and Associate Brand Manager, Licensing to translate licensor graphic guidelines, developing licensor-approved style guides and assets appropriate for Helen of Troy. The BM will support the Associate Brand Manager, as needed, in reviewing artwork submissions to licensors, with an eye to ensuring equity compliance and facilitating rapid approvals.
- Responsible for coordinating inputs from Finance, RMO Marketing, and the New Product Development (NPD) team in developing and presenting regular business reviews with key licensing partners; including sales analysis and interpretation, current and upcoming NPD and commercial initiatives, plans for long-term growth, and areas of potential cooperation between Helen of Troy and its licensor (cross-promotions, shared distribution channels, PR/social/digital marketing campaigns, etc.) - and for sharing the outcome of such meetings with the broader H&H organization, including details regarding licensor performance and key initiatives that may have an impact on H&H's business plans.
- Manage and communicate contract licensing requirements throughout the organization and work with H&H teams across functions to ensure compliance and regular reporting as required: including, assistance in development of Annual Business Review presentations; oversee input to, and accuracy of, quarterly royalty reporting; Helen of Troy leadership for quarterly and monthly meetings with Licensor Brand teams.
- You will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day interaction with PUR's licensing agency-of-record regarding licensing partnership management.
- Manage internal coordination and communication with key stakeholders such as PUR Marketing, Digital/Social, Creative Services and Finance to meet contractual Licensor obligations e.g. provide Licensee brand guidelines, as well as to support Licensee compliance and contractual reporting; including, Annual Business Review presentations; quarterly royalty reporting; etc.
- Partner with the cross-functional team dedicated to the Licensing stage-gate process to ensure adherence to the process across existing and new licensees.
- Support the Director, Global Licensing in developing and implementing strategic plans which will further foster licensed brand health.
- Work alongside the Associate Brand Manager, Licensing to identify, sponsor and facilitate global sharing of best practices across the H&H Marketing RMO's, as well as sharing of key Licensor/Licensee activity via a quarterly e-newsletter.
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Developing marketing strategies and executing proactive initiatives to further engage consumers in branded solutions vs. fits-in alternatives.
- Partnering with Engineering/Creative to develop genuine product training manuals.
- Coordinating with regional marketing teams to develop a strategy and materials for communication with distributors and retail customers, when requested/warranted.
- Evaluating and implementing overt & covert anti-counterfeiting technologies on product/packaging.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years experience in licensing, CPG marketing and/or brand management. Brand Protection experience and global/cultural acumen are a plus.
- Experience in consumer products industry and full understanding of marketing principles preferred.
- Ability to think strategically at a global level.
- Self-driven: high level of initiative for business activities as well as personal development.
- Demonstrates accountability of assigned responsibility (ownership).
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and analytical skills. Experience and skill in "selling" ideas, strategy and plans to executive level teams (both internal and external).
- Ability to interact and report on business with cross functional teams and across all levels of management.
- Compelling leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in influencing business decision makers - to negotiate persuasively in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences, win concessions without damaging relationships, be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic, and gain trust quickly.
- Proven project and time management skills, able to manage and direct multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Travel: Domestic and International 10%-15%
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.